Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's just a mild concussion. I'll be fine...


I live for the weekends ever since I joined a co-ed flag football team. Yes, I know, that sounds really pathetic. Whatever. It is such a blast! Our team, The Hershey Squirts, (isn't the name endearing!?) has a record of 1-1-1. One Win, One Loss, One Tie...in that order.

It's pretty intense, I cannot lie. Last game...I was basically pummelled by the largest man I've seen. In life. Ever. BUT, the good thing is...i caught the ball. The bad thing is...I proceeded to get tackled. Nice. I had one of those 'out of body' experiences...you know, where everything happens in slow motion...and you can see yourself getting tackled by a large man...or...freight train! Same difference.

I've had a throbbing headache and blurry vision for the last 5 days. My headache finally responded to Advil today...but when it came back, it came back with a vengeance!! Egh!

Practice on Saturday and Game 4 on Sunday. I bought flags so our team can practice how we play...I'm pretty excited about that, too! I'll be sure to provide an update after our game on Sunday! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

justforalex said...

the flag buying idea was genius