Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

I'm pretty sure that 2011 has the potential to be one of my best years yet. It's weird how turning 25 can suddenly put life in to perspective, quickly and clearly. Very clearly.

For me, 2011 will be a year of Fitness: Physical. Financial. Personal Relationship. All of the above. Although I've spent my entire life striving for perfection (or at least being able to master the facade), I'm ready to finally "just be". Just be me, just be who I want to be, just be happy. With or without the ridiculous, unrealistic expectations set be myself and others. I'm actually giddy at the thought of releasing the expectations and doing what I love most. It'll be interesting because that means starting by first determining what exactly that is...and the surrounding myself with the people who can support me along the way!

I'm excited to get my financial world in order. In many ways, I'm in a great position because I have virtually zero debt. Thankfully, I escaped college without student loans, haven't gotten tied down to a mortgage yet, and am driving a 9 year old car...things could be a lot worse. On the other hand, I'd like to prepare for the future big purchases: home, new car, wedding, and even vacations! This year will be great for my finances. I'm planning on cutting out the extras...and getting back to the basics so that I can spend my time focusing on my goals. In the meantime, time to take a good friend's advice...and start my "side hustle". Stay tuned.

Physical fitness will be super important for me...not just for 2011, but moving forward. I feel so much better when I take care of myself, and I plan on following a workout and diet regiment that will allow me to do that! More on that to come!

Also, I plan on really focusing on key relationships in my life. This could be its own entry...but to write too much, would do a disservice to the thought. Basically put, I want to make sure my loved ones know exactly how much they're loved.
:-)

Finally, I'd like to be more positive. I'm going to start thinking a bit more before speaking, and hopefully do a better job of filtering some negative comments. I tend to focus on negative things quite often, so I look forward to paying more attention to the nicer things in life!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: