Monday, December 22, 2008

I sat in my living room for the FIRST time in 5 months!

My couches finally arrived today!! YAY! After five months of living here, I sat in my living room for the very first time today! I actually ordered the couches more than 12 weeks ago from jennifer convertibles. bastards. But, because their warehouse is in Fort Lauderdale (1.5 hrs away), their earliest delivery date was 6 weeks out. Flash forward 6 wks from the date I ordered the couches, and my mom was in the hospital in Jax. Long story short - I was 15 min late for the couch delivery. The delivery window period was from 8am-5pm. But those bastards showed up at 7:30am and said i was 45 min late...and their policy is to leave after 30. ugh. are you kidding me? yes, i was 15 late - but I even talked to the guys on the phone...ugh...okay, so i guess I didn't make this short.

Anyway, Alexia called Jennifer Convertibles to fight that battle for me...lol...and was able to get a delivery date for Dec. 8. BUT instead of all the extra drama - i just had them deliver the couches on the next avail. date which was today, Dec. 22. I ended up having to pay an extra $160 delivery charge, in addition to the first $160 delivery charge!!! Can you believe it?!! Ridiculous!!
Making it feel a little more like home:
I added a couple throw blankets and accent pillows. I plan on getting an area rug (see concept drawing below) and sewing my own pillows to match. Great! Then I'll get the exact pillows I want!!!
<--The 19" tv is a transplant from my bedroom, and currently placed on one of my endtables temporarily
THE REST OF THE FURNITURE:

I already bought the rest of the living room furniture from IKEA a couple months ago. I also bought this awesome little bar table/barstool set that I have in there, too.

<--- I guess this is where I'm supposed to have the dining room table - but I wasn't a fan. The kitchen is HUGE, so I put my dining room table (also from IKEA) in the living room, and made this area "cooler"!!!
Plus, it gave me more room to spread out my living room area...so when I DO get the HUGE tv, there will be plenty of space for it!!!
MY VISION:
I still need to buy a large tv, area rug, and paint some art/commission friends and family to paint some art for my apt.

1 comment:

justforalex said...

looks like a cool spot. hey i think if u look real hard at that walmart there will be a lil kid in the parking lot...with a turkey lunchable. haha. oh and before I read anymore of these posts I will say that the tv is a great idea and as fas as tv being comprable to beds....its tv all the way. just fill the air matress back up in the morning. hahaha.