Monday, December 22, 2008

If I stand on my porch and stick my tongue out, I'll lick the Wal-Mart

So, five months after moving to Fort Pierce, I have decided to write a blog! What better way than to keep track of my amazing experiences while I'm here, right?!? Think of it as a "travel journal", if you will. Like when I went to Africa...I carried a notebook with me and I kept track of all of the crazy things that happened during the 2.5 weeks I spent there...after all, I didn't want to forget a single second of my trip.

Who am I kidding? The truth of the matter is that I know my friends are SICK of hearing me complain about this place...so hopefully this will allow me to "filter" my venting a little bit before I make it to the phone. lol.

This blog will be completely in the "stream of consciousness" style. Don't expect it to flow nicely...just imagine me typing exactly what I'm thinking (my way of providing context clues for those of you who do not know what "stream of consciousness" means...which I hope you don't admit it if you are one of those individuals).

And, if you've spoken to me at all over the last five months...you know that I'm living in the bustling city of Fort Pierce. So much hustle and bustle (probably more of the former than the latter), that I like to call it "Port Fierce". The funny thing is that when I tell people here that I call this place PORT FIERCE...no one gets it. Really? C'mon!

1 comment:

justforalex said...

cool, im gonna read EVERY post. oh and what do you mean by "stream of consciousness."? ha i think my writing style could be labeled that way. exept im lazier, f the shift button.