Friday, March 27, 2009

An email to a friend...

v

wow


fromAlex Chavez
toone of my friends
dateFri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:40 AM
subjectwow
mailed-bygmail.com




So, I was just ripped to shreds on my mock interview. Have you ever done one of those? Holy Moley!!

I interviewed with a self-proclaimed "Simon from American Idol". Confirmed.

We spent 30 minutes on the phone. Here's how the call went:
  • He asked me one question.
  • I answered.
  • He offered constructive criticism.
  • He asked the same question AGAIN.
  • I answered AGAIN.
  • He said, "better".
Nice.

That was scary. I called my manager to let him know how it went.

Rob: (very excited to receive a phone call) "How'd it go, Alex?"
Me: (trying to mask the nervous laughter) "Jeff Smith kicked my butt."
Rob: (not able to mask the nervous laughter quite as well) "Oh. Okay. Maybe we can run through a few more questions together?"

FAIL.