Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I've reached a new low...

So, you know you've reached a new Rock Bottom when a Wal-Mart employee tells you that you've let yourself go. LOL.

So, as most of you know, in my line of work I spend 8-10 hours a day in Wal-Marts/Publixes. Many of my stores, I visit as often as two times a week. So, it goes without saying that I build pretty strong relationships with most of the associates in the stores. The other day I was in store 5455, Palm Bay, FL - when I experienced the worst store visit of my entire life! Yes, my ENTIRE life!

First of all, I was in the backroom (a very exciting place, mind you) and somehow, the young men in the back decided to play the "How old is the Hershey Girl game"...You know, the one where it could end with hurt feelings?! Yep, that's the one. And before I could convince them that that game would not be fun for all parties involved (namely ME), the guesses were fired. "28!" I heard yelled loudly!

Are you kidding me?!?! Seriously?! Really??!?! 28? Shut the F*Ck Up! Clearly he was not paying attention to the game. So, naturally they called someone else into the game. "Israel, how old do you think the Hershey Girl is?". And without hesitation, Israel responded, "between 25-28".

Really!?/!?1?!?!?/!?!?

Ugh. Whatever. I was able to brush it off when I realized the first guesser was only 20 years old. After all, what does he know?! He's just a baby! lol.

But wait - it gets better....so I was leaving the Wal Mart when one of the backroom guys came up to me, and in broken English, asked if I was going to go to lunch. I looked at my watch and quickly responded with, "No, it's still early". He didn't take time to fire back with a "You don't need lunch".

Well - surely his "You don't need lunch" response was lost in translation. Certainly he didn't mean to say that I don't NEED lunch - he probably meant that I don't need lunch so EARLY in the day, right?

Wrong.

After we both attempted to speak in each other's languages - he finally got his point across by sticking his pinky in the air and saying, "You- before". He followed that gesture with blowing up his cheeks like a chipmunk and holding his hands out in the air as if he had a Santa-sized belly, and said, "You - Now".

It took everything in me not to punch him. lol.

I left the store and immediately texted my manager, "You know you've built good rapport with your WM associates when they tell you you've let yourself go."

Bastards.


**UPDATE** For the record...I bought a scale. I weigh the same amount I did 9 months ago when I started this job. So, HA!

1 comment:

justforalex said...

ha another good one. throughly enjoyed.i know why they think u were older you carry yourself so well they think "theres no way shes 23!" 23 right same grade same time yea 23 or 24. an thats not because i remember elementry school its because your so damn sexy. ha. oh an if u want me to ill go to that store and find lil chipmunk kid an we'll rumble.