Monday, February 9, 2009

An open letter to the makers of Ramen Noodles

Dear Ramen Noodles Makers,

It is with great honor that I find myself writing to you. Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Alex Chavez, and I am a self-proclaimed Ramen Noodle Warrior. Okay, well maybe "warrior" is a tad strong, but you get the idea; I thoroughly enjoy partaking in a hearty serving of Ramen Noodles. Suffice it to say, that I typically double up on the suggested serving. (While I completely appreciate your suggestion of "1/2 block of noodles with seasoning" as 1 serving size, those noodles are simply so delicious, that it's nearly impossible to stop at just one half of a block. If it's any consolation, I only use 1/2 seasoning package per noodle block. I also am of the school of ramen thought that the noodles are best consumed once the water has been strained. So, SURELY, draining the water from the noodles must reduce the serving size per package.) But, to each its own, right?

The thing I most admire about Ramen Noodles is their versatility. Thank you, RN Makers, for bringing a little diversity to my life. When I want a quick snack, none is quicker. Convenient meal, none more convenient. And what a grand way to spend 3 minutes of quality time with my loved ones...than to watch as those coiled noodles boil happily in a small cooking pot. Oh, how I love you, Ramen.

I'd be remiss if i did not mention the affordable price of my favorite carbohydrate treat. Even in the wake of an economic recession, each indiviual Ramen packet is provided by grocers nationwide at the reasonable price of 10 to 15 cents per package. I can hardly contain my excitement. Gone are the days of spending upwards of $0.88/box of Macaroni or $0.99/packet on Rice a Roni. No, there is no need. You, the makers of Ramen, provide sweet moments of noodle happiness to the masses daily.

Thank you, Ramen Noodle Makers, for making my life better. I know that no matter what stage I am in my life; college, work slump, solitude, loss of electricity, even in the depths of desperation...Ramen prevails. In fact, I once made Ramen noodles in a coffee pot, using the boiling water to warm each individual noodle before the Chicken Seasoning was added, to taste. Oh, how delicious!

Please allow me to express my sincerest gratitude to you, Makers of Ramen Noodles, for making a difference in the lives of so many. Whether from a grocer, a gas station, with water, without, in a cup, a plate, or right out of the pot from which it was made...Ramen Noodles never fail to disappoint. Thank you for always being there for me - and know that my loyalty to Ramen Noodles is never-ending.

Rejoicing in the deliciousness that is Ramen,
Alex Chavez




I'm writing to thank you for providing me


1 comment:

justforalex said...

Wow you must have been bored. an can u believe i read the whole thing...at 1:45 am? Im starting to feel oh so close to you now after reading these blogs (more of a joke than serious but still true). oh ramen oh ramen. how bout the whole box for like 1.88. yea but then when u gotta survive on them daily is when the light begins to show. Yea Ramen (chicken) best served as a snack. haha