Monday, February 9, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You......the movie

So, I just watched the movie, "He's just not that into you". In an almost "rite of passage" sort of way, I saw it solo. Good movie, but the book was way better!! As expected.

It's so funny because the movie aims to "uncover" the secrets behind dating. It's eerily reminiscent to that masked magician who unveiled the world's famous magic tricks in that early nineties primetime special. Do you remember it? Much like every guy in America is saying the author of this book/movie broke the "guy code", I don't think there were too many happy magicians after that special. Oh well.

In any case, the main points in the movie don't require rocket science to figure out.
If he's not calling, he's just not that into you.
If he's not marrying you, he's just not that into you.
If he's not sleeping with you, he's just not that into you.
And blah, blah, blah....all so true.

So, why in the hell is it so easy to overlook ththose "obvious" things?? Sheesh!

Desperation, loneliness, fear, insecurity? Dangit - doesn't it suck to sound so freakin' ridiculous?! But, oh well.

What the hell happened to fairy tale stories of love and romance? I blame it on the internet. From now on, that'll be my answer to everything: IBIOTI, (pronounced eye-bee-ought-ee).
I don't exactly know why it's the internet's fault...but I'm sure it is.

That is all. lol.

1 comment:

justforalex said...

not sure what to think of this one. i think ur just to good for a normal human man. u probably are gonna have to start dating aliens or "intelligent species from beyod our realm" as they like to be called. their real smart too. their practiclly in the future and they tell me everything so where does that put me? i dunno but that whole fearful,lonly,self concious sounds like we almost hit the button. haha. sorry for the whole no capital letters and improper typing that truely IS the internets fault. I will try to address it at once!