Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hi. Those words actually mean something.

After seeing how often people confuse words...I decided to write the following: the longest (most random) use of misused words, together, and in context:

Please do not wait to pull your weight; please till your garden 'til the sun goes down. You're going to let your crops die! Have faith that you can affect how well they will grow; and the only side effects will be fatigue. Make sure you do a good job so that you can feel well immediately thereafter. It's going to be a difficult job, but watering and tilling your plants will ensure that their flowers blossom. I insured my garden because of its value, and I assure you that yours will also be productive. I don’t want to accept failure and plan to succeed in all areas except irrigation. I expect to meet the standard where that is concerned.

My garden will be located in the capitol of the state; and I will give it a name that starts with a capital letter. I would like to also invite my former high school principal, a woman whose principles are similar to my own, so that she can understand my principal motivation for seeing this project to fruition. It's critical that I reunite with the person who's responsible for inspiring me to succeed. I hope to invite more people by then, because I'd hate to have more chairs than people. On the other hand, if there are two too many in attendance, then I'd have only a minor shortage of chairs! I'd hate for my guests to be uncomfortable; their satisfaction is important to me.

You may not want my two cents, but you should also have enough sense to consider what scents you want your guests to smell. The presence of candles tends to allude to the importance of smells, but most can not elude the foul smell of the maneur that is used to fertilize the garden. If it bothers the guests, we can encourage them to stand farther away from the garden to help further their enjoyment.

I don't want to elicit too much personal information from you about your garden; however, I've heard that you may be growing some illicit plants? While my vice is shopping, yours may be different? Shall I use a vise to open your garden door and see the plants for myself? I promise I won't break anything, but taking a break from my work and exploring your garden may help to put a brake on the rumors! If I recall, the last time I visited your garden, I couldn't stop complimenting you on how well you managed to complement the floral arrangements with your unique sense of style. In fact, I liked the stationary garden bench of yours so much, I jotted down the dimensions on a piece of stationery and added space in my own garden for the same one! While I know you are averse to accepting criticism, I wouldn't want your choice of plants to bring about adverse effects for the neighborhood.

I'd also like to remind you to visit the last aisle of the store where garden tools are sold. There are special tools imported from a small Caribbean isle that you may purchase for a reasonable price. I don't want you to lose any money from investing in tools with loose screws. But I digress.


I used to think that if you use an event to promote the success of a garden, then that garden wouldn't succeed. For all intents and purposes, I would normally conclude that an event would be an intense means of promoting a purpose. What is the name of the garden that are planning to till? More importantly, will you be the gardener who will till the soil 'til the sun goes down?

1 comment:

sten said...

That is one of the longest word-misuse demonstrations I've ever seen. Good jorb.