Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fly, Birdy, Fly!

So, the "transition" is practically official at this point! As many of you know, I've spent the last two months and twenty-one days doing two jobs, waiting for a backfill to be hired and onboarded into my former role; the role I moved up here for originally. My "new" role is very similar, but is customer-facing now. With that said, I couldn't be happier to pass the proverbial torch on this morning!
 
This is technically his third week on the job...but the nature of the role made today especially significant. Once a month, we receive data that measures our national performance- I've traditionally been the messenger of that info. Today, the new guy got to handle it. Sweet. Now, it did come with a caveat; I had to arrive at work at 6:30am to leave enough time to walk him through the process involved. After running the data, it goes all the way to the Senior Leadership team...so ensuring that it's accurate is critical.
 
ANYWAY - there will certainly be a learning curve involved, but I'm so excited to be in a position where I can dedicate my time and energy to one role. It'll be interesting because on one hand, I want so badly to just give him all of the answers and make this as smooth of a transition as possible. But, I'll need to temper that by letting him make mistakes, learn things the hard way, and provide guidance when necessary. More than anything, I'm ready to set him free (which means setting ME free), so that he can learn and grow the way that I did in the role...and make it his own!
 
Fly, Birdy, Fly!

No comments: