Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ugh...it's that time of year again...

You know what's worse than snow? Shoveling it.  Worse than ice? Scraping it.
(That's a picture from last year...my first snow shoveling experience)
 
Today was the first morning I had to scrape the ice off my window. Not the first freeze. But the first, "are you kidding me - I'm going to be late for work -why doesn't my defroster work better" type of ice scraping! Bad start to the day. Luckily for me, my inaugural winter was one of "PA's worst"...so this year doesn't seem quite as treacherous as last year's. ::knock on wood::
 
For starters, I own a coat. In my defense, i used to think I owned a coat when I first moved up here. I quickly realized that was but a mere windbreaker. It now lives in my cube...for days when the indoor temperature is just a tad chilly. I now own several coats: A long, black, wool peacoat; a short, red, fashionable, wool coat; a trendy, green, super warm short coat with a hood; and my newest additions: 2 down coats that I purchased this year. One is a shorter, brown Calvin Klein down coat. The other is a longer brown, down Marc New York coat. They're both fairly similar  - but the latter will be especially great for my trips to Toronto! I also am smarter about wearing gloves, scarves, and hats this year.
 
I cannot forget two recent purchases: my new heated ice scraper, and my new, arctic guard winter windshield cover...which will reduce my chances of needing to use my heated ice scraper!! Love it. Not looking forward to using the aforementioned...but definitely looking forward to seeing their results!! =)
 
Well, gotta run. I need to get enough sleep tonight to build in about 20 extra minutes for possible ice scraping, car warming, etc. Unfortunately, I didn't put up the arctic shield tonight...soooo....keep your fingers crossed that the ice isn't too bad in the morning. IF it is...I'll be sure to take a picture of my heated ice scraper being put to good use!!
 
Happy (almost) Friday!!

No comments: