Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's the vaulted ceilings that make my tv look small...

Okay, okay...so my television is small. Whatever. Shouldn't I be praised for not worshipping that stupid thing?! C'mon! The story of the little tv is as follows: When I moved to Fort Pierce back in July, I didn't have a tv. I've never had a tv in my room...because quite frankly, I've never really watched a whole lot of television. Plus, I've always been a follower of the Bedrooms are for Sleeping philosophy. And, unfortunately, when I have a tv in my room, I don't have the self-discipline to turn it off...and I'll spend HOURS awake, watching one infomercial after the next. [sigh]

So, when I moved here, I needed to buy a tv. My funds were limited, but I was in desperate need. What's a girl to do with no friends, zero furniture, and 'borrowed' internet.....buy a tv! So, I went to Best Buy and purchased a 19" tv for about $300.00. Yes, $300...the same price that WM sold 32" tvs the day after Thanksgiving. UGH. I later had to invest a solid $15 in rabbit ear antenna...because I didn't have cable yet :(

Long story short - I never bought a big screen TV. I was going to buy one the day after Thanksgiving, but I spent quite a considerable amount more on a much better investment...a bed!!! The bed normally costs nearly $1,000, plus delivery costs, etc. But, I was able to snag it for the special Black Friday price of less than $500 for the mattress, box spring, AND delivery!!!! Woo Hoo!

Furthermore, I don't intend on KEEPING the 19" in the living room...but it IS serving its purpose right now. So why spend nearly a grand for a bigger tv?!?! Um NO.

For those of you who are unaware, i slept on an AIR MATTRESS every night for nearly FIVE months!!! NOBODY told me this is what post-collegiate life looked life! LOL
It may not seem so bad...until you learn that the last month was made miserable due to a myserious HOLE somewhere in the bed. I would start the evening off on a fully inflated bed...and wake up merely inches from the floor! And that's pretty ridiculous considering it was one of those high-end, super expensive air mattresses that sits as high as a real bed! lol.

I've never slept so well in my entire life! I'd prefer that bed over a big screen tv anyday!!!

Even though the bed is amazing...that doesn't detract from the "sting" when people have comments about my tiny TV! Hey, hey, hey....as far as I'm concerned...it's the VAULTED ceilings that make my tv look small!!!

1 comment:

justforalex said...

Is it just me or is "Buy a big screen tv" crossed out on the New Years resolution? and since this was about a year ago did you ever actully invest in a big screen tv?