Wednesday, January 14, 2009

You can meet people ANYWHERE!

Alexia and I declared last Saturday as "Productivity Day". Our typical friday night discussion turned into an ambitious, can-do attitude, conversation about the many things we could accomplish in one day without the distractions of cable/internet/laziness. lol. We committed to waking up early and making the most of the day!!! I specifically requested that Alexia call me when she woke up....so we could start the day together...early (in our respective cities of course).

Would you believe that bi-otch actually called me at 8 something in the morning!!!! LOL. Darn!
So, we both ate oatmeal for breakfast (yuck!) and went about our days. I washed laundry, cleaned up, blah, blah, blah. AND I went to the GYM and ran 1.99 miles. Really? I should be embarrassed. Why didn't I do that extra one hudredth of a mile?! LOL. Oh well.

I felt like I needed a little more physical activity... I grabbed the rollerblades and went driving to the beach. I only live about 5 miles from the beach ...so it wasn't a bad trip at all. I couldn't find a place to rollerblade because it seemed like all the pathways on the intracoastal were cobblestone. I looked around, saw that there was a decent path following the water...and I started jogging. Why not, right?

Gosh Darn It! Did someone really have to start running next to me? Just when I was going to complain to myself about it...he passed me. He was all buff and had his shirt off...clearly a more avid runner than I.....and so I had no other choice but to keep on running. I couldn't just STOP... After all, he was running the bridge! The bridge?!?! Darn it!

Next thing I knew...I was running the bridge! Crap! Look at it...seriously...sheesh!!
I later found out that it was 1.4 miles in either direction!!! AND guess what...I ran the ENTIRE thing.....go me!! I did get help from that guy, who everytime he passed me...gave me a thumbs up and cheered me on! How nice! Long story short...I made friends with him!!! Funny thing is, he and I went to Burger King for a whopper dinner afterward!!! LMAO. Hilarious. Here's the other thing...his name is MAJOR!!! How awesome...that's the name that Jess was going to use if she had a boy! That was just two days before we found out she was having a girl...so needless to say, I was certain it was a sign from God that she was having a boy...oops...I guess I misread the sign. lol. Yay for Baby Audrey Paige Henson...[random baby shoutout...haha]

No comments: