Thursday, June 9, 2011

Inspired by a challenge online

I stumbled upon a word press blog that challenged readers to create blog entries everyday in 2011, or at least once a week. to help, they provide daily topics to get ya started...here's today's:

Topic #153:

What’s the smartest thing you’ve heard this week? (Lets try to take a positive twist after yesterday’s negative topic).


This is tough because to be honest, I've spent the better majority of my week by myself, without a ton of human interaction. Now that I work from my home office, I miss out on a lot of the usual water cooler talk that used to keep me going. ::sigh:: but don't misinterpret what I'm saying...I do enjoy working from home. I find myself to be far more productive, much more motivated, and way less distracted. But I digress.

Back to the question, what's the smartest thing I've heard all week? That's a tough one. But I think it was when someone told me, "do what you can."

I've spent the last several weeks getting back into the swing of things at work. If you'd like to know what your job security looks like....go on a ten-week leave, and then measure the importance of your role by the number of emails, requests, and to-dos that pile up in your absence!

Needless to say, its been a busy month since I returned to work and I've taken it pretty personally. I've gotten very little sleep, am easily irritated, and doing my best to juggle the competing priorities.

"Do what you can."

Yes, that's the smartest thing I've heard this week. I need to remember that I can only do so much. And when it seems like too much, I need to rely on my Faith and rest assured that if I can't handle it, God will. :-)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: