Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Seriously - I'm a loser.

Okay, so I don't really think I'm a loser...but, sometimes I'm a little lame. I'm writing this while sitting at the Borders bookstore, getting some planograms done for work. For some reason, planogramming seems a little less laborious while enjoying an overly priced "Javanilla Shake" in a public place. But I digress.


Let me set the scene for you - it's nice to have a good visual. On second thought, let me snap a picture of my view:


yep, so here I am on a Wednesday night...working at the local bookstore. Now, I will say that it's not so lame when you consider the fact that I work from home now and I've somehow managed to turn my 8 hour work days into 18 hours....all of which feel like random, 'doctor on call-esque' type of hours. But that's another subject.


A working session wouldn't be complete without Pandora, of course...(or Rdio, which I've also recently grown to love) so naturally I'm listening to some tunes as well.


...When all of a sudden...one of my very favorite 'jams' comes on: "Just Fine" by Mary J Blige. Normally not a problem to burst into song while listening to music, right? Wrong. It's VERY wrong to while at the bookstore! Luckily, just as I was about to begin, I came to my senses and stopped myself. Unfortunately I could not stop the shoulder gyrations. Yep - I was that girl. The only thing more embarrassing would have been peeling and eating a tangerine in this place!


Alright, back to work...

No comments: