Sunday, June 12, 2011

Smokin' Summer Kickoff @ The Finger Lakes!




Jared is an awesome boyfriend...really. One of the things I appreciate most about him is that he is a wonderful planner... he cares about making our time together special, and he loves to share new experiences. Thanks to Jared, I've been on impressively planned trips to places like Baltimore, Vegas, Atlantic City, Costa Rica,
South Florida...and the list goes on. It's important to him to create special memories together and to show me his love in these ways. I've learned that this is one of his love languages. (http://www.5lovelanguages.com/). I am truly so Blessed.

We spent the weekend in the Finger Lakes, part of upstate NY area. As I mentioned in the last post, he found a great little B&B for us, perfectly situated in the heart of wine country. With very little advanced notice of our weekend together, Jared still managed to impress!

We had tickets to an event where 30+ wineries participated in wine and food pairings! Each winery had its own unique character. Some were very classy, while others were a little on the...um...unconventional side. Everything from the size of the wineries, knowledge of the staff, and sophistication of the tastings were different at each stop on our tour!

We visited 11 wineries and tasted between 2-5 different wines at each one. Some were so delicious they tasted like Kool-Aid, while others were more "oak-y". By the end of the afternoon, I was able to pick up on various subtleties in flavor...or at least I managed to fake it well enough to convince myself of it! Lol.

My computer is still with the techy folks so I can't upload pictures just yet, but I'l be sure to add some as soon as I can!

For the record, the B&B turned out to be quite delightful (said while pretending to drink my classy, dry red wine (with oak undertones)... Remembering to isolate my pinky finger from the stem of the glass so that it sticks out in mid-air)! ;-)

It was actually nice to sit down for breakfast and chat with our hosts and the other guest. Funny what impression we choose to make upon complete strangers....be it successful or not! And I continue to find myself smitten with Jared, especially in situations like these where his genuine compassion for others really shines.

Wonderful weekend...and praying for an equally enjoyable week ahead!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: