Saturday, June 18, 2011

What a beautiful day!

Its gorgeous outside today! Remind me of this in six months when I'm cursing this place, would you?

I woke up early, and drove out to The Risser Marvel Farmer's Market. I really liked how cute and quaint it seemed, but it was nothing like my fave, the Broad Street Market! I've written about it in the past because it is one of my favorite things about living up here. There are tons of Amish and Mennonite stands that offer super fresh and organic produce, meats, cheeses...you name it! Today I spent $19 and some change on some delicious produce...yummy!



And I also snagged some all natural ground turkey and ground hot turkey sausage...which tastes so much better than what you get from the grocery store. To top it off, I got some deli meat and cheese for lunches this week. Hopefully my lunches over the week can match today's lunch. One of the Amish stands sells whole chickens that would put Popeye's out of business! I got a half chicken breast for $2.75 and the girl drenched it in hot sauce...MmmMmmm! I took my lunch by the river and enjoyed the soaking up the sunshine!!





Oh yeah, I also got some cage-free, hormone-free eggs! I never thought I'd be that girlwho cared about that stuff...but 1.) it's way more delicious, and 2.) I am becoming more and more paranoid about that stuff with each article I read or crazy food documentary I watch. Have you seen Food Inc.? Eck.

Hoping to get some stuff around the house accomplished today....and then maybe even some work stuff later on. :-)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: